Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Winter Sky

A Winter Sky.

Morning light has come/bringing calmness to the day/a cloud of misty blue/turning shades of gray.
This palette of the winter sky/spreads far and wide across the sea/ exchanging colors from deep green/ adding a band of orange glow/as the sun rising in the east/performs a morning show.
Nature is astounding/as anyone can tell/ Just walk out of a morning/and let it cast its spell.




This picture reminds me of Lake Tahoe and the many times we rode up out of the valley, over Kingsbery Grade, to catch the ferry and enjoy the boat ride around the lake, all the way to Emerald Bay where you could see the slides that took place on the mountain side, or listen to the story of the sunken boats in the lake, one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, which was created by the snow and ice of the regions high mountains. A natural lake deep, yet the rocks show through the water as if they were jewels hidden in a velvet cloth. The ripples are many and turn into the harsh reality of a big wave when the storm comes up out of nowhere. I had a couple of near experiences that left me landlocked for some time. As my friend, Clarence, used to say, "I get plenty of water up to my ankles." and there were times I agreed with him.




So today, Saturday all day, I send my love from my computer to yours. I hope you make your day one of lightness and beauty. Strive for a day that makes you king or queen for the day. Make it a point to go outside of your four walls, take a hike and I don't mean that in a derogatory way . . . walk with a purpose, exercise, breathe the fresh air so that you will stay healthy and content. Appreciate your body and take good care of it as it wears out a lot sooner than you anticipate . . . words from an octogenarian, one of the lucky ones, wishing for the good old days when a three mile walk into town meant little or nothing, just something to enjoy. So as the expression goes, "use them or lose them" and while you are at it put a smile on your face and make a new friend along the way. Make your seconds count. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment