Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Archtectually Strange













I found the e-mail attachment with pictures of the different houses fascinating. Imagine the cost of building such houses, libraries and stores. The idea must have been to see which of the architects had the talent and imagination to put such designs together. Creativity is a talent all its own but my vote goes to the men who put the time, talent and effort into making the designs come true. It would be something to interview the owners to find out what was in their minds to come up with the original idea of how they wanted their house or business to be. I think my favorite is the Book store, but then I am an avid reader and the appeal is there. As for upside down and crooked houses, no, makes my equilibrium crazy. All in all I enjoyed the attachment and learned a little bit more about people in our world and how they look at their world.
So keep the attachments coming as I learn more about our world and the people in it. I particularly love the to travel through the countries and am amazed at the beauty that surrounds us no matter what the season. It is a shame that some of the pictures cannot be duplicated to show you some of the scenery or the cities themselves. Also, watching the travel channel on television takes me off to places I'll never get to visit and it makes me very thankful for all of the traveling I have been able to do over the years. My very first trip was to Ireland and it a trip I will never forget and several years later I did get to go back and revisit a few of the spots as the tour took us to England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland. The "Heart of Europe" tour took us to different cities in Holland to Northern Italy, Venice, Paris and back. Of course the trips around our own United States have been fabulous and each State has something special to offer. The nine State bus trip with a group of seniors was fun and fascinating, but the one I loved best was when my son John invited me to spend Thanksgiving with him one year and he took me to the Dakotas to see Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse. The best thing is when I see a picture of a place I visited, memories come alive and I get to visit them all over again in my mind. Just the other day I saw a picture of Crazy Horse in a magazine, and the face has been finished. A project on going since 1948. There is a big bridge leading up to the finished face and it would be fun to visit there again and see the progress made. That statue is taller than the Washington Monument. My son John asked what I wanted to do for my nineteenth birthday, which is a few years away, but he is a planner, and I said I'd like to go to the Dakotas again and he said it is a 'deal' . . . so I have something to look forward to if the feet keep moving.
So today, take time to dream of a trip you will take to a place you have always wanted to see. It may take a little time to save for it but it will be well worth it once you get there. If you are close by, stop in and tell me about places you have been and we can swap stories. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment