Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A tasting.

Good morning. How about this little guy to brighten your day. I have no idea what it is,maybe a baby eagle? or the start of a tiny barn owl, but all I can say is it is very cute, made me smile.
Granddaughter Erin and several friends had a chance to go on a wine tour. I'm not sure where but it looks a lot like Napa Valley in the pictures. They certainly had a great time, and were smart enough to talk one of the ladies boyfriend into the role of designated driver.
"These boots are made for walking!" I think it is the style in the 'city' now. I'd say this picture was taken just before sipping time. Our special photographer, Erin, took over a hundred pictures and posted them on Facebook. They didn't comment on the quality of the wines, or even if they brought some back to fill the wine holders, but you can be sure they enjoyed their day out in the valley.


Erin the photographer. She always manages to find something different to photograph. This was one of my favorites.

Isn't this a good shot? She really has a good eye . I wouldn't mind spending a day here.
All in all the ladies had a great time and a chance to unwind after hard work and no breaks for awhile. They have been friends through college days and have bonded for a lifetime which is so good to see. The girls are beautiful and lively and such fun. Of course 'my' granddaughter is beautiful, if you don't believe me, just ask me and I'll tell you . . .
So today, Tuesday, a rainy day here and the day before lent starts. I'm thinking of giving up sweets just because, and if that is the case then I think I'll invite Pat out for a sundae. I am thinking of the 'Miner sundae" which is butterscotch ice cream with chocolate sauce, and chocolate ice cream with butterscotch sauce, all done up with a dab of cream and a red cherry . . . Pat can have my cherry but she will have to order her own sundae. I haven't had one of those in ten years. On the other hand, just writing about it makes it sound decadent and I am thinking a bowl of good hot clam chowder would be more in keeping with my taste buds and a small cone from Slugs and Stones, which just reopened for the season, would be easier to digest. All in all, I am going to celebrate, so if you are close by, join us and I'll treat you to a double dip. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment