Monday, March 28, 2011

Moose Haven

Good morning. Son John was out and about with his camera and sent along some pictures of his back yard. It is almost spring in Anchorage and the snows are melting, although the ice bridges are still around. Relax and enjoy a visit to where the sun is shining and melting the winter away. It certainly looks like 'bundle up' weather, where oh where are the snow shoes?
Campbell Creek where the temperatures stay about thirty degrees at this time of year and John says it is warm for a change. I wonder what causes the snow to melt the way it does and leave an ice bridge. Maybe the curve of the creek has something to do with it.
How beautiful. I think John has a good eye, just hope he had on some good boots, as he hiked around this salmon stream. I know Jock would love to be here fishing, all he needs is an invitation and you would see that he has "gear" and would travel.
Sun shadows in the trees. This picture was taken at eight o'clock in the evening. It gives you an idea of what it is like to have daylight almost up to midnight. A picture of silence.
An ice bridge, beautiful, probably dangerous although I do not see any Moose tracks.
The hotel and John's back yard where the moose pass by and even stop to visit.
In this picture they are in town visiting the folks. An amazing sight and they do not bother anyone . . .and visa verse. I guess it is all in what one gets used to.
Hiding in the trees. The moose have a playground all their own. The mountain sure makes for a gorgeous backdrop. Imagine waking up to this scene on a daily basis. I guess I'll have to break down and make a trip up to Anchorage and see all this beauty for myself. So I thank you John for sharing your pictures with us this morning. I hope the snow doesn't melt too fast as I know it has been a new experience driving on thick icy roads.




So today, the start of another new week of your life, be content where you are and take your camera for a walk. I am waiting for Jo to be up and about and take her camera for a walk so I can see her new surroundings. Andrea and Bob should load up their camera and send some pictures of the new patio they are telling me about. It sounds like a great place to visit and see all the cacti and beauty that surrounds their desert home. I'm hoping granddaughter Erin has her camera handy when out walking in her city neighborhood. I am sure there is a lot to see, and hopefully I'll get copies to share with you. Walter, Kay, Pauline how about some pictures of my old haunting grounds? Life is interesting and beautiful no matter where you are. Make your seconds count today. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment