Sunday, March 6, 2011

Canada Humor

Well, isn't that the truth???? I never have a problem putting my pennies in the new machines when they pay me to play, but woe is me if I lose my pennies, then I am grouchy and know that like Barnum said, "there is one born every minute'. We know better than to have any bad habits but some of us are slower to learn than others. I often wonder why 'fun' is in the word dysfunctional then realized that all 'fun' things are bad for us. . . chocolate, deserts, and the list goes on . . . it is no wonder we have 'Lent' for forty days . . . it is a chance to give up our bad habits. I'm smiling, only one at a time and I have a problem trying to figure out which one I should work on.

Signs of the time. The e mail that came in yesterday had dozens of signs to tickle our funny bone. Those Canadians have quite a sense of humor.

Our Ace Hardware doesn't have a sign like this one. I don't think it has a sign at all.


The debate goes on and a lot of folks have a need for the weed because it helps them get through the day. All I can tell you is it has an odor and how I found that out was I gave some young ladies a ride home from a church meeting and smelled a strange sweet smell. When the young lady got out of the car, I asked my daughter what perfume she chose to wear as it was overpowering and she should change it. Of course the kids had a good laugh at this dumb mother who had no idea what 'pot' was . . . maybe if I had known I could have saved a few a lot of hard years . . . and many years later I still think patchouli oil smells like marijuana.

I think this sign is 'blow hard' as there are many folks who come up with all kinds of written words that spell out how they feel about their close family and friends. Hallmark has a stable of writers and is not interested in any new ones and that is too bad as there is a lot of new talent out there. I still can't figure out how the prices of cards soared beyond belief. Five dollars for a card is pretty high priced and I have no problem leaving them in the store.
So today, look around and see if you can find any signs to laugh about. It is Sunday and tomorrow starts another round of work days and the second week of our new month . . . jonquils are bursting with life and telling us that Spring is about to spring . Wednesday, the first day of lent, forty days to get ready for new beginnings. Already the baby lambs are out in the fields, chocolate bunnies are out in the stores along with the left over Valentine boxes of candies. Hey, you can save money, buy a Valentine box and put the contents in a pretty basket with a ribbon and enjoy. Well, the economy is bad. . . have to be 'penny wise and pound foolish' as the old timers would say . . . a lesson I was slow to learn, how about you? I guess it is never too late, so plot and plan your somber time and get ready for a new season and you be the fun in dysfunctional. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment