Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tulips and Moans and Groans

I have often heard that a picture is better than a thousand words and in this case, I feel the essence of spring. This is a picture of the tulips growing in Holland in May, so we have high hopes that here in the USA, here in the Easter Lily capitol of our world, we will see fields of flowers growing in sunshine. Can you tell I am very tired of gray days without sunshine. The body aches for a day just like this one.

What a sight to see. Almost as beautiful as the lavender fields we saw pictures of yesterday. Flowers make the soul glow and the heart light and it brings to mind the poem about everything has a season and a reason. So I will stop moaning and groaning over the long wet spring and find something to else to do. I missed a visit from a friend yesterday. I had a call saying she was going to stop by and it would be about noon so I got out my 'Tupper' bowl and filled it with real good tuna and all the tiny tidbits that it takes to make a special sandwich. The coffee pot was on and I waited for my friend to come. She must have been delayed so I wrapped the sandwiches and put them in the refrigerator, got out my Jaynce book, which is a page turner, and sat in my chair. My down fall as I read awhile but fell asleep, a power nap snuck up on me, and I missed my friendas I didn't hear her knock or pull the little bell on the door. She left me a surprise which I didn't find until I went out for the mail. I was so disappointed as this lady is upbeat, alive, smiling and busy like the little energy bunny and would have perked up my spirits sunshine or no. I called to tell her I had been home but must have fallen asleep and she promised to come back soon. So I found out that gray days, quiet and even a good book cannot keep an octogenarian awake. Maybe if I slept pass four a.m. it would be different but erratic hours of sleep are part of our lives. The body leads the way and we follow. So, back to my book, almost finished, as I have another storm coming my way. There is hope, everything is budding and the first of the rhodys are starting to bloom.

So today, when you go out to mail your cards and letters, if you still do snail mail, think that once it cost three cents to mail a card or a letter but today I am putting forty three cent stamps on my cards and letters. The Post Office is crying poverty, but this I do not understand as I had to pay four dollars and ninety nine cents to mail two used magazines to a friend, a thin ones at that. Some of my friends do not own a computer, wouldn't think of it. I tell them they are missing a lot of great correspondence but it doesn't change their minds. I draw the line on five dollars for a card. I will have to get off my duff and see what I can do about becoming more creative. Now, if I had a good telephone plan I could just pick up the phone and call. I love a 'voice' visit. So call me up once in awhile and I'll try hard to stay awake. I promise not to groan and moan once the sun shines. Make your seconds count today. Do something fun. The weekend is yours. Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment