Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stray Thoughts

I remember seeing this poster many times in my lifetime. In fact I probably have a picture or two in an album showing one of mine taking time out but it never lasted long enough for them to learn as I suffered more than they did. The e mail that came with this picture yesterday was a heart breaker and the stories about child abuse is one that sets my teeth on edge. How can anyone misuse a child? How can they live with themselves when they abuse a defenseless little one who depend on the adults in their lives to teach them, to love them? What kind of mentality do the abusers have? Our system is filled with neglected and unwanted children, more now than ever before and the problem only grows as the cycle never stops. Report abuse when you see it; donate to those that are trying to help; and if you have the wherewith all to open your door and your heart, adopt one.

The talk of the town. I am very happy I do not have a car that guzzles gas. I am also very sad at times that I do not have one as it means my freedom is curtailed. Either our leaders open up exploration here in the States and become independent of foreign oil, or we will pay five dollars a gallon before summer comes. It is a puzzle as to who stops the exploration, and why? We need to wake up and smell the roses. We Americans are usually pretty bright and solve our problems quickly, but this 'business as usual' attitude has got to change. There was an e mail on line this morning with hints on how to help yourself at the gas pump and that is to fill your tank in the morning, fill it at the half way mark, don't pump it into the car at full blast, but slowly, and don't fill the tank if there is a big oil truck delivering to the pumps as you could pick up dirt in your tank from all the stirring up. Come to think of it, I had better plan to up the ante when my chauffeur Patricia comes by this morning.
How about this little guy for a pet??? Whenever I smell the odor of skunk I think of my daughter Eileen when she was a little one. We lived in Rhode Island and had a garage a skunk loved to hide under. She came in one day all excited telling me there was a 'kunk in the garage' and wanted to know if she could have it for a pet. She didn't like the idea that it was not a good idea as she thought this particular little guy was just the right pet for her. She didn't mind the smell of the skunk even though the rest of us were holding our noses.


I wonder what kind of a dog this is. It sure is a hairy beast. I don't know if the picture was taken in China or not. There was no caption to help me out. It has to be a friendly beast or the child wouldn't be standing there unafraid. If I saw that hairy beast coming towards me I'd probably run the other way. Well, on second thought, it has a friendly face, something like a bear, but a friendly one.
So today, think . . . there are some things that need attention in your life. Take one step at a time and resolve to be the answer and not the cause of a problem. Be kind, be gentle and do look out for your fellow man when you can. It isn't always possible, but at least keep an open mind and heart. Make your seconds count. It's Hump Day, mid week, aah . . . almost time for the weekend to appear . . . but, meanwhile do a great job at what you are doing no matter how mundane it appears. Everything has a season and a reason, so enjoy! Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment