Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Visitor

Good morning. How would you like to look out of your living room window and have this beautiful eagle peeking in on you?
Son John watched the little eagle fly in and perch on a tree limb right outside his window. Lucky for us he had his camera ready.

Working up in Alaska is not all bad. John has not complained about the long dark days or the winter weather. He has had to put up with thick icy roads which were never ending, but for the most part his winter weather was quite mild. John is enjoying his stint in Alaska and has seen a lot of the highlight areas, like Denali, but I am sure he has more on his list before his contract is up. Alaska is a very beautiful State.
It is Saturday morning and the thunder claps and the rain comes down in sheets. The lightening peeked in the windows and I had to get up and 'peek' right back. My coffee pot is on, the water is boiling for my 'dropped' egg and I am going to turn the television on and see what has happened during the night. I lit my candles yesterday so you are all covered. The continuing words of doom are scary, but don't go out and buy iodine pills or every conceivable doo dad that will keep you comfortable in a crisis as it may never come and if it does, you will deal with it. We have but one day, as it comes, so make it a good one. I don't know who said 'live each day as if it were your last day on earth' but it is good advice. Be an eagle and soar. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment