Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Record Rain

What a beautiful picture of the sun setting. We did see sunshine for about two hours the day before yesterday, but according to our weathermen, we have seen twenty-three days of rain in March alone. It is not a new record, we have had months like that before and we will again. This year it seemed endless because of all the huge storms throughout the country and then the Japan tsunami and earthquake. I had a new video of the tsunami entering into the village wiping away everything in its path. I wondered what stopped the water from coming in, that is a huge ocean out there, and what makes the difference in the tsunami wave building and spewing and then the ocean water stopping . . . it could go on an on endlessly. Right now, we have been told by our weather experts that we will have more rain today . . . but . . . the pattern is going to change and we are going to have warmer weather and sunshine. I'll believe that when it actually gets here. The weeds are calling for attention and if I am lucky they will be just tall enough to yank out of the flower beds. If we get some sunshine the painting can be done on the new construction so the house will once again match. Right now it has several different shades of tans and browns along with streaks of pure white caulking and I am not sure I like the 'unfinished' look. If you are in the neighborhood and like to paint, I have an extra brush or two. Yesterday daughter Pat came over and picked me up so I could watch "The Black Swan" on her television with its big screen and good speakers. I knew it had won an award for the leading actress, and well it should as she did a tremendous acting job, but I thought it was a very ugly story in itself, and in other like stories, I wonder why they are chosen for our entertainment. Life is so full of ugliness to begin with, we don't need a screen filled with more. I thought "The Kings Speech" was far better quality and much more entertaining. So today, Wednesday, the middle day of the week which tells us that we are heading for a weekend and no one I knows has any objection to that. Work hard, get your ducks lined up and get your projects finished if you can. I have a couple of projects of my own to finish up today, then I can retreat to my sunshine spot, if we have one, and find out how the murder mystery ends. I think I already know . . . but then, maybe, just maybe, I am not quite as clever as I think I am. It is a toss up . . . and the butler didn't do it. Make it a special day and be extra ordinary, light two candles as you say a prayer for faith, hope and be kind, it doesn't hurt a bit. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment