Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You're What?

Good morning. You have seen and heard the expression about being 'up to your ass in alligators' and this picture brought that to mind. How many times have we felt that we are about to be eaten alive by all of the negatives in our lives. We all have them whether we like it or not. We can protect ourselves if we have sense enough to climb up and out of the alligator pond and get on to the positive side of life. Sometimes easier said than done, but never so impossible that we have to sit and do nothing. So keep that in mind and give yourself a pep talk and enjoy your seconds before they run out.



It is Tuesday morning the 17th of May and here we woke up to cold and rain. I cannot complain as son Michael woke up to snow. Nevada is famous for snow even in the month of July. Those Sierra mountains seem to hide their peaks in tons of snow and the good side is that it makes the water level great for the oncoming summer months. Life is a balance, like a see saw, with it comes ups and downs. Philosophical this morning as I start the newest year of my life. I wonder what is in store for me this year? I wonder if I will travel this year? I'm thinking about it. I have a very bad habit of putting myself on hold . . . don't have to, just do. I keep thinking of reasons not to travel because of some of the changes ongoing in my body. Then, I get to thinking whatever could happen will no matter if I am here or somewhere else, so I had better get off my 'wait and see' policy and do some of the things I truly want to do. Sounds good . . . and then I think of all it takes to go anywhere and get up out of a chair or a booth. Booths should be off limits to octogenarians as they are almost like a booster seat . . . although I think a booster seat for adults should be the next craze. So I'll go back to musing about my plans for this year and think about them a bit more, maybe on a more positive side.



So today, weigh your stress level and decide what you will allow and what you wont allow and make your seconds work for you and make sure that person on the other end of your see saw weighs as much as you do so the ups and downs even out and you enjoy the ride. I'm off to spend my birthday check on some miracle grow for my new plants, a few colorful annuals and a big fat juicy hamburger with mushrooms and onions . . . if you were here I'd treat you too. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment