Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crescent City Beach Area

Good morning. The seagulls were having a meeting out in the ocean. I haven't seen that many in one place since I moved here. There was another batch further down and they were floating around not making a sound. Either the fish were close in and they didn't have to work hard for their meal, or they were worn out looking for them. Strange creatures but beautiful.

There are a lot of rocks out in the ocean. Here at Crescent City you can see how the lay of the land is. They are more prone to tsunami waves than some of the other towns along the coast as they are wide open and have a more inviting entrance. There was a tsunami wave that almost wiped out the city in the sixties. When we had the last tsunami wave come through a month or so ago, they had a lot of damage to their piers and the boats in their harbor. No time is lost in getting everything ship shape again as we didn't see any signs of the problems they had with their pier. The fishermen do not fool around as fishing is their main job, be it commerical fishing or charter fishing.




This snap was to the north. Not a soul in sight, nor a bird. It was a sunny day but a lot of cold wind. I had hoped for a walk along the beach area but it was just too windy.





The whales love to play in this rock formation. Pat saw one about a week ago, tail and all. I haven't seen a whale's tale yet and I keep looking. We took our sandwich over to the beach yesterday and watched for whales but all we got was white caps and cold wind.






so today, when you are out and about enjoying your weather, look around and see what there is to see. Make it a fun day as it is only Tuesday of your busy week. I am finding out what therapy is all about . . . no, not my head, although that has possibilities, my arm is acting up from arthritis more than anything else. I think if I stopped trying to pull all the weeds up it might stop the pain, but that old adage of 'use it or lose it' keeps coming to mind so I keep trying to play Katrina The Great and tug and lift like "I used to." I have met a tall handsome therapist who greets me with a smile, has a small machine that has heat and a cream to make the sore spot go away. . . um. . . . hope he isn't in a rush!!! Enjoy your seconds and smile. Hugs to all.









No comments:

Post a Comment