Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Seagulls

Good morning and it looks like it is going to be a lovely morning as the sky is bright with a bright yellow glow at the rim of the foothills. A sign of a real spring day and one I am looking forward to as I plan a jaunt out for some exercise. Yeah, I had my check up yesterday and believe it or not it was a good one, but . . . my favorite word . . . there is no excuse for not walking a block or two every day, water is a friend and more is better than less, exercise is good for you . . . that is his story and I am stuck with it. I am lazy about repetitive exercises, but a good walk is always something I do enjoy and coming back in a few rain drops didn't hurt a bit.


I have been noticing the sea gulls have been coming in more lately and am not sure why they think my neighbor's house top is a good roost, but they do, so I got out my trusty camera and took a picture of them. At first there were about a dozen, then a few flew off and more came. They may have been looking for the bird seed or the peanuts someone is putting out for the Blue Jays, but then they didn't fly down to the ground, but just mulled around and flew away. They do not bother anyone but they do leave a big plop or two and their aim seems quite good as they hit the car windows.



So today, when you are out and about, try and keep out of the way of the birds flying around as they have no sense of decorum and may find you an easy target. It brings back a memory when I was a very young bride and had just shampooed my hair and got all dressed up to meet some of my new family. As my husband and I walked down the main street, a gull flew over and dropped its mess right on my head . . . ugh. . . messy and not fun to clean up, but I was taught how to play poker that night and couldn't lose. So I equate bird turd with luck . . . now I want to know how come they don't find me when I am on my way to play the penny machines. There are enough of them around but they ignore me; maybe it is something I said! Make your minutes count today and have a wonderful day, all day. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment