Monday, May 2, 2011

Good Monday Morning

Painting by Sharon Guinn. - - - One of my favorites. What a beauty.

It is Monday morning and the news broke last evening that our arch enemy is dead. It only took ten years but Bin Ladin is now gone, so who will lead the terrorists against us now? The news caster this morning is warning people who travel to be extremely careful because there could be retaliation, so it is not over and probably never will be. The master mind of 911 had a lot to account for, wonder if he thought he was invincible. Rinaldo had a news show on last night that I thought was a three ring circus which made our young college students look ridiculous and ugly. I do not think there is one American who is not more proud of our fighting men who went into Afghanistan and took out Bin Ladin, but dancing on the grave of our enemies is not what will bring about the end of terrorism. We have a very long way to go. I would say each of us should raise our flag today and remember our fighting forces who are in harms way.



It is Monday morning the second of May, 2011, and I might add, two days of sunshine with wind, but not the gusty kind that keeps you indoors. Hopefully, now that the weather is changing, there will be walks on the beach and maybe a little agate hunting. I have learned my lesson not to turn my back on the ocean and am going to be much more careful about those sneaker waves as I know what they can do. Still, the ocean calls, and the beach is so beautiful to go out and walk on. The beach stones call for someone to pick them up and find some beauty in them. After all the storms we had this year, maybe, just maybe, there will be some of the larger agates. I hope so, as I have an empty space to put lots of them.



Today is also check up day. I am never happy going to visit the doctor as one never knows what he is going to find or what he is going to say. I haven't been on a scale since my last visit, almost a year ago, and I know from the results of the blood test my cholesterol has gone up six points, not enough to make a big difference, but enough to get a lecture on poor eating habits. Well, not so poor, just to many really good things to eat with no crumbs left behind. So I'll go and take my shoes off as I know they weight five pounds each. I'll stand on the scale and cringe, but it has to be done. I am still waiting patiently for some one loving person to look at me and say, "Oh Jean, how thin you are." . . . Yeah!!!! A snow ball chance in hell!


So today, be glad that our arm forces are doing their job so well. Pray for them and know that the devil has a seat waiting for Bin Ladin right up close to the open furnace, a special throne for one of his beloved followers. Right now we have more pressing items on our plate, helping those who are out of work, looking out for a child in the system that has no one, lighting a candle in hopes that the world will change or at least some of the people in it. Donate to the causes, they are many. Just help where you can and smile while you do it; one never knows what the day will bring. Hopefully peace, a bit of joy and a lot of smiles. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment