Wednesday, May 11, 2011

To Fairbanks

Good morning. Alaska is very beautiful and rugged and full of roaming wild animals, tons of snow and high mountains that hide in the mist. This is a picture son John took of a highway stop on the way to Fairbanks to visit the Chenga Hot Springs and hopefully get a view of the northern lights. From this angle it looks like you would need snow shoes to get to where you are going. There is a lot of snow up in 'them thar hills.'

The inside of the Ice Museum and they do have sleeping rooms here. I wish I had the brochure that tells the tale. Maybe we can google it and find out a lot more about it. John is busy at the moment but next trip home he will fill me in with all the details of the trip he and Jo made to Fairbanks. And . . . from what I did hear they did not get to see the northern lights, missed them again . . . well, guess they will just have to return and try again.



John and Jo saw a lot of these. I'm not certain if they are Canadian Geese or not. Plump little guys. Love the long shadows. No snow on the ground where they are standing . . . made me think of that song about 'muddy roads ahead'.





A musk ox, wouldn't want to cross paths with this big guy. Maybe it is a she, I can't tell, but he or she is very beautiful and big. It looks like a woolen blanket in the making.




Only the mirror is not made of ice, everything else is made of ice. Well, my friend Jo is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.



Here is the Museum, beautiful itsn't it? I am hoping to hear more of the details about this place and especially the hot pools. I used to go to the hot springs in Nevada and it was such a wonderful experience . . . not an ache or pain and so easy to exercise the entire body without strife.



So today, hump day, it may be the right time to think about a trip up to Alaska to see all the wonders that are there. I thank my son for posting his pictures so I could copy them and show them on my blog today. Arm chair travel is a bit easier than trouncing around in the snow filled State, but being there would be something else again. So now you have seen summer and winter pictures of the Alaskan wilds, all you have to do is plan your vacation and go and see if for yourself. Make your seconds count and enjoy every one of them. Hugs to all.







No comments:

Post a Comment