Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Its A Beautiful Morning!

Thought a bouquet might make you wake up to a smile. I took my camera with me yesterday when friend Marge and I rode over to Crescent City and enjoyed a plate of fish and chips and worth every gallon of gas to get there. It was impossible to snap pictures of the lazy seals laying about not making a sound or movement, as the wind was blowing so strong it had the ability to enfold you and take you off your feet. I could see myself flying over the rocks, so retreated, camera in hand and didn't get one shot.



Marge is a jewel and rescued me in my dilemma to get to the other end of town for an errand I wanted to get done. I didn't have to bribe her as she, like me, finds it easy to drop what your doing and go out in the sunshine. Who could point a finger at us as we have put up with weeks of rain and cold. Spring has finally sprung and we ended our jaunt with some delicious cake Marge found in a very large glass showcase. We were much to full for desert but we knew we could have it for our dinner. I do not know the name of, but it was a mixture of all that basic cake dough with berries and cream. There was no taking a few bites and saving it for another day, when five p.m. rolled around there was room for that lovely delicacy and not a crumb was left for another day. Friends do make our world go around and around.


Speaking of friends, I lost a very long time friend on May second. Her name was Frances but she was called Tanie, a petite red head with a big heart and teasing ways. She was a smoker and wound up with lung cancer and a fight for her life. She was braver than most and went for chemotherapy, not once but four full treatments as she fought to stay alive. She was told five years ago that she was terminal but she didn't miss a chance to fight for her life as she wasn't ready to leave this earth . . . but her name was written in the clouds and it was her time. I will miss her more every day as we go back a good thirty years and shared a lot of precious time together.

Yesterday, I received an e mail with these pictures and a short story about an accident and five gallons of paint. The pictures tell it all. The caption said "Put it in the trunk" as the ambulance driver wouldn't let the female paramedic out of the ambulance because she couldn't stop laughing and he said it wasn't professional . . . I don't know about that, a bit of laughter might have lightened the load for those poor folks covered from head to to in paint. Another lesson learned to late.



So today, hump day, take time to think about your friends and time . . . there is never enough of either . . . if you have been remiss about contacting someone you love, give a little thought to mending your ways as friendship is a two way street and the hugs go both ways. Our seconds count, don't waste them. Hugs to all.




I wonder if this will be classified as a total loss?

No comments:

Post a Comment