Monday, May 23, 2011

It Is Monday

Good morning.  It is Monday, May 23, 2011 and I am like the gorse that is growing wild along the highways and biways.   The invasive beautiful weedy plant is taking over just like the invasive  invasion of 'change' that has brought our country down to a standstill and this computer to a step away from being thrown out a window.   " Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom in a woman, but never in a man"  I think I am about to be the first female in history with no patience of any kind and certainly no kind words to that 'imp' behind the box called 'computer' . . . yeah!!!  I do have another name for it, but you would think me very unlady like to use it.


Now the picture area is in place but it only brings up a few albums which contain the pictures I have taken over the last few years.   I think one has 109 in it, and, if I were to pull this up and 'upload' it I would have to wait for all 109 to load up . . . makes perfect sense to someone in Google Land, but I have other thoughts on this subject.   The gorse was available, for whatever reason, so I pulled it up and at least you have a picture to look at.

My guest has left after a weeks stay and I am both happy and unhappy.   It was so nice to see Jane and being a scrabble enthusiast we played and played . . well, I did win one big time, but we won't go into the others.     We went to the Port, stopped at a Sunday yard sale on the way, had delectable fish nuggets at the Hungry Clam and did a lot of walking for exercise along the board walk.   Yes, you are right....I did leave the camera at home . . . think I have reached the age where I need notes to my notes.


All in all we had a good visit, lots of conversation, found we are complete opposites in Politics.    I just figured I am older and wiser ....so we didn't continue don't that road.    We had a lot of laughs and a few tears over some of  the events that happened in our lives.   Jane thought she might want to live  right here in Brookings but it is much too soon for her to make that type of a decision.   She needs to check out some other areas where she would not be so isolated and one of her main goals is to become a very good weaver.  She wants to take classes and go on to college or a place where they teach the more classic designs.   Hopefully she will find her nitch and settle down so we will see more of her.


I did find out I am a pain in the arse as I am set in my ways . . . is picky a good word?   I think so and it fits me rather well.     Closing drawers and doors after folks is not my idea of fun when I have a place for everything and everything in its place....see, I told you...picky.....taking over ones crossword puzzle is not my idea of a good guest.....ha....ha.....all kidding aside having a 'daughter' visit is fun and the empty nest is going to be one more time to 'get used to it'.  . . but I never do.     I gripe, I groan and moan but in the end I am blessed with family and friends who are so very special.


So today, the start of a new week, almost the end of the month and a holiday coming up.   Get out the summer bar-b-que things and shine them up for good use.  Invite a friend or two over and have a hot dog or two.    Don't forget a cold beer or soda pop, even ice tea isn't all bad.     The work week will go faster than you think so get ready to celebrate with flags flying, a prayer for those who are gone before us and special prayers for those still over in the far away places.  I bought a raffle ticket from the 'red shirts' who volunteer to send packages to those over in those places and what a job they do....take a peek and then buy a ticket or donate to the cause.  It is costly to send packages by mail.   Wouldn't it be nice if the Post Office gave the packages a free ride....guess if they were not close to bankruptcy they would.....say a prayer anyway.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment