Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Experiment

Good morning.    Son John found a way to let me show some of the pictures I filed away a week ago, before the changes made to bloggers.   It is a round about way to get where I wanted to go but it worked and that is half the battle. 

This particular picture is of a vacation home in Rhode Island.   I had notes to tell you all about it but they have gone by the round file and all I can tell you is that some folks have found a way to earn a free vacation there.   I wouldn't mind spending a day or two there , but only if I were in good company.

As for the owls, I thought they were beautiful birds.  I often get e-mails about animals and the pictures are always striking as each of the species have a beauty all their own .   I wrote a story about a barn owl and could have used a picture like this one.  


My neighbor came by last evening to say hello and check up on me.  She is the maker of the best clam chowder in town and she always saves a bowl for me.    I supply the clams and juice on occasion so that entitles me to a hot steaming bowl of clam chowder.  So I have my lunch planned for today.   She was telling me our newest neighbor is feeding the gulls, now I know why I have so much gull poop on my porch and walkways.   He is from the big city so I assume he thinks the gulls need to be fed.  He is the one who moved in a lot, a big lot, of marine 'stuff' from anchors to hawsers and his front yard looks strange but once a 'marine buff', always a 'marine buff' and we have learned to ignore it all.   Now how to tell him not to feed the gulls . . . I was thinking I could tell him feed the gulls and it as okay as long as he walked around with a pooper scooper and cleaned off our porches, roof tops and walkways.    I'll wait until his wife comes home and have a conversation with her, maybe she has a 'way' with him.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend and finish it up today with a clam bake or a hot dog on the bar-b-qu.   The weekend flew by and Pat and I sat in the dry warmth of the Gull restaurant for brunch and watched the rag tag parade go by.   There have been a lot of changes since my early days of parade watching.   I remember several marching bands along with beautiful floats and lots of flags flying during the Memorial Day parade.   The governor, the mayor and a lot of the business men and women rode in cars and waved as they went by.   Times have changed and I am thankful for those in the community  who did try to make our holiday a bright one.


So today, enjoy the rest of the holiday as you divide your seconds up and enjoy the day.    I have to go send my son a thank you note for making it possible to pull up a picture or two.    Find reasons to smile and be good to each other.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment