Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Rainy Day

Good morning.  It is Saturday morning and it is Memorial Day Weekend with a lot going on about town, even in the rain.  The dauntless spirit prevails.    Pat and I are going over to the Port to see what kind of fresh fruit and vegetables the new 'market' has.   Hopefully some of the vegetables I love.   Son John sent me a basket of fruit and a lovely plant for my birthday and the fruit has been delicious and keeps well in the refrigerator.   I have had big fat juicy plums and great apples, while I had to wait awhile to enjoy the pear.  It didn't take long for it to ripen and then it didn't take long to gobble it up.   


The computer problems still remain.    I am not even sure this blog will take as the starter page refuses to leave and my complaint seems to go unnoticed.    I think daughter Patricia is right about how obsolete our machines get as newer, faster and more expensive machines hit the market and want our attention.    The electronic world seems to be moving faster than ever and our machines are obsolete before they leave the market place.    There should be a place of us, those who are content with having a machine to help us enjoy our contact with the outer world.   I did complain about the bouncing ads that make it impossible to type a full sentence without losing half the words.  I was told that the ads were what kept the cost down and why we had low fees for our road into the internet.    Ads are one thing and I understand the need for money and for fame but I don't see why they have to bounce all over the screen and invade the computer.  Hopefully the general public will get fed up and refuse to buy any products that bounce across the screen.   Okay, enough . . . I've been on a 'tare' about the computer changes I never asked for and do not want to bore you anymore.   If the problems are resovled I'll be back with the blog, if not, then it has been a special treat to converse with all of you each day.    


So today, make your seconds count, don't forget to say a prayer for those who gave their lives for 'us'.   Go out and about and have some fun today, a holiday weekend, what could be better than that?   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment