Friday, April 29, 2011

Clouds and a Recipe

We had clouds in our sky yesterday, lots and lots of them, some like in the picture, but more that were huge billowy ones filling the sky with hope of a beautiful spring day . . . but, there goes that wonder word again, squalls were in the offering. Just about the time I decided I could get a little yard work in, the rains would come, didn't stay long, but long enough to get everything wet. I had other 'fish to fry' so went in and looked up an old cupcake recipe that I used to make often. The recipe has to be over fifty years old and was given to me by a co-worker who brought these delicious chocolate cupcakes in to share after her grandmother baked up a batch or two. They were like red devil food cake and so delicious. It was such an easy recipe, one you cold pull out when you saw unexpected company coming up the driveway, grab a bowl, litterally throw in the ingredients and twenty minutes later serve the cupcakes with a hot cup of coffee or tea. So in case you are in the mood for a delicious cupcake here is the recipe:

Place in a large bowl:


1 egg


1/2cup of cocoa


1-1/2 cups of flour


1 tsp of salt - scant


1 tsp of baking powder


1/2 cup of milk


1 tsp. of vanilla


Last add 1/2 cup of boiling water


Beat ONCE until smooth . . . Bake in a 350 degree oven for twenty minutes. Test with toothpick. Frost them with your favorite frosting, or dust them with powdered sugar.




I'm leaving you early this morning as Pat is on her way to pick me up to have our first day of selling at our garage sale. Believe it or not it is fun and we will see some of our favorite yard sale folks out and about early this morning. Actually the sale is advertised in the paper for Saturday and I think this year there are more than one hundred and twenty sales. When we have one we cannot go to the others so we are missing out on some treasures. Pat's friend, Katie, is coming over to give us a hand and if all goes as I expect I will take over the book department and start sorting them out. I like them neat, facing the same way so the folks can check them out without messing up my neat piles . . . well you know that isn't going to last long but that is not important, what is important is that they buy them all. I have no room 'at the inn' to restock them at home.






So today, it's Friday, TGIF, I can see the smile on your face right now. A whole weekend coming up to do as you please . . . um . . . wonder what pleases you? A sleep in, a catch up on house cleaning, an outing away from it all . . . nah . . . you are all going to go into the kitchen and try out my recipe for delicious chocolate cupcakes. Enjoy! Make your seconds count. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment