Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter Sunday Morning

I had an e-mail about new inventions that was interesting. How come I do not have stairs within my abode so I could use this kind of a bookcase instead of the overloaded one I do have. I know the answer is less books but that would be like less jelly beans when you have your hand in the bowl. It is a clever idea though and reminds me of my daughter Eileen who told me, in all earnestly, that when my need was great there would always be a place for me in her home. She would have a bed for me under her staircase then promptly had son Michael fill it in with something similar to this picture.


Now this must be what is known as a friendly neighbor fence. I'm not sure I want to give up my privacy , how about you? Now if Pat had one of these 'holes' in her fence, Emma would have her nose stuck to the glass as she would be watching her three dogie friends next door playing in their yard and she would be howling to the winds in her want to get over there to play with them. Um . . . not a good idea.

Having a fancy egg poacher may be fine for some folks, but I go back to the old fashioned 'dropped egg' which does a fine job of poaching eggs. Come to think of it, I might just go out to the kitchen and drop a couple of eggs for my Easter Sunday breakfast. Pat and I are going off later to see what kind of buffets are out there, but we also saw that there is a movie playing we would like to see and that may take presidence over a fancy meal. There is nothing wrong with a ham sandwich and a desert today . . . desert!!!! Yeah!!!!Fresh strawberries are out in bulk form at Fred Meyer's store today , warm home made biscuits from the oven, topped with real whipped cream, or a hot fudge sundae, but then there is lemon meringue pie . . . decisions, decisions, ah . . .lent is over, and it is about time.






So today, go out in your new finery and hum "The Easter Parade" as you walk out and about and participate in the joy of Easter Sunday. Put on your Easter bonnet and saunter about like you know what your doing. Smile at everyone you meet and plot and plan a tasty dinner in or out, ending with the desert of your choice. It is a day of new beginnings, a day to start fresh leaving all those bad habits behind. Light a candle so you don't stumble along the way. Make your seconds count and know that each and every one of us have reasons to cry but even more to laugh out loud. Spread the hugs today just because you can. Hugs to all.








No comments:

Post a Comment