Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gripes, Groans and Moans

"Rock Fish" by Sharon Guinn


You see that huge shark with the big teeth and the smiling face, well that was not me this morning. I woke up to find the television cable was off and the computer was down. It was fine when I shut it off and went to bed last night. I didn't hear any storms coming in from the ocean, in fact we had sunshine yesterday, which you know I have been waiting patiently for, and it felt sooooo good... so I got out the telephone book and called Charter. I got a really nice young man and he was very calm, cool and collected as we progressed in our talk about computers not being up and running. I think I lost it when he said "we will send someone on the 20th, Wednesday about four o'clock in the afternoon " . . . I was really very good, honest, but I did let him know I was not happy and knowing I had done nothing to mess things up, I reminded him that his worker would not get in the door if there was a bill attached. After a few minutes he turned me over to a young lady who was giving me a date with their worker. . . but, after about an hour I had another call and this time I was told that all was working and for me to try my tv and computer. Yeah...working.....it seems that some construction people cut a line this morning, so my date with the worker was cancelled and I am free to go out my door tomorrow. All in all, I am feeling pretty good as I am catching up with my computer e-mail and right now, as you can see, I am talking to YOU . . . Just know how happy I am that I can say that. What would I do without a daily visit with all of you???? I'd be very sad.



So today, check all of your equipment and make sure everything is up and running. Send me an e-mail just because you can. As for me, I am going to have lunch with my daughter Pat and granddaughter Erin. Erin is leaving us tomorrow, much too soon to suit us. She's a joy and we are already counting the weeks when she an return and share a little more time with us. Make your second count as you enjoy today. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment