Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pink Sky

When I looked out my window yesterday morning I saw a pink sky similar to this one. It really is a beautiful sight to see although according to legend a pink sky in the morning, sailor take warning . . . well, yesterday turned out to be a sunshine day and not a storm in sight. A calm ocean and no wind, for once, I was not able to register a complaint about weather. I did manage to get out and get a few chores done and found a lovely book on beading for my friend Marge. She is making some of the most beautiful jewelry pieces you would ever see. It takes time, patience and creativity to finish a pendant or a bracelet and believe me she has a special talent to share. Pat and I were driving up by her house when there, on her street, we caught up with her returning from my house where she had left me some Blue Agave, which is an organic sweetener. I had talked about not knowing or ever hearing about this type of sweetener and now I am an owner of a bottle of it. The label says that it is one and one-half times sweeter than sugar so you can use less of it. It is one hundred percent organic Agave nectar. Now I have to catch up with Marge and get some lessons on how to use it in cooking and baking. I'm a tough old bird when it comes to drinking my coffee and tea straight. Now I am wondering if this Agave nectar can be used in making cookies and such, if so how much would be used. I guess I will just have to find out.



Are you ready for the Royal Wedding? It is going to cost over thirty three million dollars in protecting the visiting royalty and probably that and much more for the pomp and circumstance of the wedding itself. I am curious enough to want to see some of the activities but I doubt I will sit and watch it for hours. I have things to do, like helping Pat get ready for the city wide garage sale this weekend. We worked a little yesterday in rearranging some of her treasures and she does have some. It is hard to collect beautiful things over the years and then find you have more than you have room for and they have to go. Sad, because they are still as beautiful as the day found and they have not lost their usefulness, yet there is just not enough room to house it all. The biggest surprise at the end of the year when we get ready for this particular event, we find that we have collected or amassed books, books and more books. I came home with two yesterday and know I'll find more when I go over them again today. Here at my place, I don't have any room for more books and sometimes wonder if I will have the time to read all that I know have. Yet . . . books, and I have to admit pictures, are one of my passions. So, what is another book or two . . . I'll find room.


So today, Thursday of your working week, know that there are over a hundred yard sales going on here in Brookings. If you find your way here you are bound to find something you just cannot live without. Make your seconds count today as they fly by and before you know it another new month is in the offering . Count your blessings as many folks are hurting today. Paula tells me she sits in her hallway when the tornado alarm goes off and waits for the storm to pass. So far it has not touched down in her town, but it has been touching down in towns close by. There are so many people throughout the States that have lost everything. It is going to be a time of rebuilding and some of the help has to come from those of us who have been more fortunate in not having the horrendous storms and floods. Think positive, dig deep and help. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment