Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Second Time Around

The captions were clever on the pictures. This one said something about giving big brother a minute or 'I'll tell ma'
"Don't bother me, I'm resting."
'Kung Foo' . . . ready or not!
"Ma, come help me get down."
I received an e mail this morning with the Panda pictures and knew I had seen them once before. I most likely put them on an earlier blog, but thought they would make you smile. How cute they are and what a show they put on. So a second look isn't all bad.



Today, I am off to Coos Bay with my daughter Pat. It is raining, what else?, so the ride up will be slower because of the wet roads and the ride along the ocean where the wind blows in and lets us know who is boss, will slow us down a little but not by much. I will take the camera with me but if the storm keeps up I wont be able to get many shots, if any. We have a delightful routine we follow and end up soaking in the hot tub as all the aches and pains disappear. Tomorrow will be a busy one and we will most likely walk the mall and check out the latest fashions, then go on to the thrift stores and check out the books. I really don't need any, at the moment , as "The Land of Painted Caves" arrived in the mail this week and I have over seven hundred pages to get through. So far the names elude me and I'm not sure the details of dismembering and skinning a wild hairy boar is my cup of tea, but I know there is a story there and it will keep me entertained. Speaking of books we were at a yard sale the other day and there was a box of paperbacks. It was an entire series of Indian tales so I bought them all for my neighbor Jim who is an avid Western reader. I thought he might enjoy reading the 'other' side of how the west was won. I noticed his light was on in his bedroom this morning at four a.m. so he must have found one to start his day. So there will be no blog tomorrow, enjoy the respite. Know I will be thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful hump day.




So today, rain or shine, keep busy and content. Stop by and light a candle; a special one for yourself so that you can survive all the negativity surrounding our world. I am going to add an extra one in hopes that the flame will burn the backside of the sleeping politicans and they will wake up and get on with the necessary business at hand. Already we are hearing the rumbles of another long run for the White House . . . change and arrogance has had a run at it; maybe some new 'change' is in order . . . 'oh Harry where are you when we need you?' Some one who knows the words, 'the buck stops here' and means it. So keep the faith, don't lose hope and stay being the wonderful generous person you are. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment