Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Spring Day

We had a sunshine day yesterday, all day, and what a pleasure it was to go out into the garden and check the newest bright red Rhody and see how big the 'tea' tree has grown. Pat brought over a couple of bags of sand so I could fill in an area where all the rain water has created little sink holes. The garden needs a lot of attention this year and the first bag of clippings has gone, now to get busy and fill another. Want to help? I am very good about sharing.
The birds were out in the open field next to our place. Black birds of good size. I had fed the bird feeders and the little budgies were up on the electric lines waiting patiently for me to disappear so they could get to feasting. The older budgies used to come and sit on the fence and then eat their fill, but this new crop seem a bit shy and wont come near the feeder until I am long gone from the area. All I want to do is get a good picture , but so far haven't been able to get the idea across that I am one of the good guys.



Okay, okay, here is the latest finished puzzle which took about a week to get done. I was not going to do anymore for awhile but when my friend Marge came in with a big smile and not one, but two puzzles, I couldn't resist. This one was not easy and it took a lot of organizing to finally get it done.





It had castles, people on the bridge, lots of trees all of miniature size so it took some time to finally get it together. It was fun, but I am not going to do any more for awhile . . .maybe the next rainy season. I have six more in the closet that need attention Andrea and Bob sent to me for Christmas. I have four boxes on the top shelf filled with puzzle pieces waiting to be done. So I am well stocked and have plans for the next winter season. If you come by, you can help.




Marge came by in her little blue car and we went up to Pancho for lunch. We met Eunice there and the three of us caught up with each other as it has been a long while since our last lunch of fish tacos. I had been there recently for the fish taco salad . . . fish tacos without the tortilla; all delicious no matter how served, but I chose the chicken enchiladas for a change. It was fun to converse about the world in general but our conversation about sugar proved to be interesting. I never thought of it as a poison but in a way it is as it makes us all fat. I had no idea there are other kinds of good sugars out there. Boy, the older I get the more I learn how much I really do not know. Guava sugar, never heard of it. Eunice is well versed in what is really good for the body so we learned a lot. Eunice went off to grocery shop and Marge came in for a cup of tea so I got to enjoy her company a little longer. What a difference it makes in a day when a friend drops by.




So today, think about that and if you can make a little time to stop by and see a friend, do it, it will do you both good. It is hump day, that middle day of your week that tells you the weekend is on its way and this one will bring a new month...May....May flowers, I can hardly wait. Make your seconds count and plan to get out and smell the flowers. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment