Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Erin's Pictures

When my granddaughter Erin was here last week she and her friend,Jimmy, took their cameras for a walk along the beach. Lucky the day was bright, one of the few we had recently with a hint of sunshine so when I asked her to remember to send me a few I could share on my blog, I received twenty-nine. Yeah ! She's no slouch.


I see the green vegetation caught her eye and being one of 'those' who looks for pictures within 'things' I see a beautiful big fat rabbit hiding in the rocks, or is it a squirrel? hard to tell as the ears are in the shadows. I see a woman's face and a child, and if you look closely at the greenery you will find another little animal to make you smile.



Low tide and the sea grass looks healthy and thriving. Seaweed and pebbles, wonder if there were more beach rocks to look at.





There are a lot of these little critters on the beaches here in Oregon. They play hide and seek and scatter about hoping for a tidbit or two.







This is a good shot. I wonder where it is. I haven't seen it in my beach walks. It reminded me of the Devil's Cauldron at a Newport, R.I. beach. Eons of erosion by the ocean and the rocks finally have to give in and let the water have its way.




So today, open your eyes to your surroundings and see what you can see. Last evening my neighbor stopped in with a flower pot in hand. She had a medium size pot with artificial flowers and was grinning from ear to ear. Our new neighbor has finally moved into the house on the other side of La Verne, two houses up from me, and is a pastry chef, or had been one for years. She sent this gift to La Verne with the idea that she should share it with me. It took a minute to discover that the pot was new and plastic, the dirt was not dirt but chocolate cookie crumbs and within those crumbs was two different kinds of pudding . What a surprise and how delicious. Some folks are clever and creative. I put some into a bowl and have it ready to share with daughter Patricia when she comes by today. Now I wish I had taken time out to take a picture of it to share with you. How and when the new neighbor whose name is Nickey, had time to bake with all the boxes and stuff surrounding her, is beyond me. When they came up with their moving van and opened the door they were in for a shock as some skunks had gotten under the house and made a nest there. Mess is a small word for the problems they faced, but they faced them, and are now slowly getting around to a to-do list that will take time. And we thought we had it tough . . . make your seconds count today as you go about your business with a smile on your face. Hugs to all.









No comments:

Post a Comment