Friday, April 8, 2011

Again

I started a blog without pictures due to a computer glitch this morning, but son John came to the rescue and put up a picture over my words so I am going back to square one. This picture of the bear in the sky was an accident as I tried to set the camera on a rail to get a picture of a tall ship out in the bay.
Here it is, a small beauty, with a captain in a red coat and a busy crew meandering along at a snails pace enjoying the sunshine.
I went for a walk on the boardwalk and sighted a tall ship coming up the bay. It took some time to get to where I could get a decent picture but worth the wait. There were two ships and I am wondering where they came from and why. I have no clue.
This is a map at the stop at Port Orford. It shows some of the stops we could make along the road to Coos Bay. At Langlois there is a grocery store that touts the best hot dogs in the world. We did stop there one time and had one and the hotdog was as they said, delicious, but the clerks were rude so it was a one time stop for us.
this shows a river entering the ocean, one of many along our coast line.

This picture is the door way to the office of the Park Ranger who doles out information about the area. We learned that they do have some resident whales in this area and they use the huge rocks to slough off barnacles from their bodies. We were not lucky to see any today.



So today, Friday, I hope it is a quick one so you can go home and put up your feet and relax and enjoy the upcoming weekend. For those of you who read the earlier blog of words, I hope you forgive my groaning and griping. I just do not react well when the computer has a mind of its own. I am not partial to change when it effects my ability to 'get on line' . . . I get a little testy!

Make your seconds count, have some fun and hopefully some sunshine. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment