Friday, April 15, 2011

Weather

Good morning. The weather is always with us 'whether we like it or not' and I hunted for pictures to show what we have been putting up with for weeks of spring cold, rain, a peek at the sun now and then leading us to think summer will soon be here. I wouldn't take bets on how the rest of the country feels about weather as this has been on of the most dramatic winter and spring no matter where you live. For the most part we are very fortunate to have the weather we do and I should not complain . . .but I do . . . shame on me! We could have snow right here in the valley as one more storm comes in. Some time ago I wrote a poem about "Storming On the Coast" Winters here, the storms arrive/rain and wind and snow/creating foggy mists/that hid the sunshine glow. I lay abed and listen/as the winds bring in the rain/it pelts and swirls along the eaves/it shakes and rattles, quivering/making moaning sighs/tinkling wind chimes/as the noise rises high. I settle in my comforter/made of feathers oh so light/and close my eyes and listen/as I pray for loved ones plight/watching lightening strikes above/as thunder booms/and hail comes down/on this stormy night." Pat tells me it rained all night but I must have had a deep sleep because you couldn't prove it by me. Today granddaughter Erin is wending her way up the coast from San Francisco and a storm is in the air. Hopefully it will be an easy drive, rain or no, and she will arrive safe and sound. Do parents and grandparents ever stop worrying about their children and grandchildren driving on the roads, especially a long lonely trek ? We may worry, but you can bet your boots they do not give it a second thought. It is just a chance to visit home where love abounds and lots of hugs wait. Most likely a home cooked meal, yes, Pat is baking her enchilada special and if you are in the neighborhood, drop in, it is a dish to ooh and aah over. She usually makes a lot more than we can devour. Riding over by the Port we noticed high 'dirty' waves as the blue patches showed. This picture was taken awhile ago but it gives you an idea of what we were looking at. The wave riders were not out and that seemed a shame as the waves were building and just right for a ride to shore. So today, no matter what the weather, make your seconds count. It is Friday, my, how did it get her so fast? For those of you working in an office it may seem endless and long to get here, but for some of us time has a way of getting away from us. Waiting for Erin to get here will seem so long, yet once she is here it will seem like the time double times and she will have to return to her students and her life. Well, that is as it should be, but you will know that we will enjoy every minute with her and already put in reservations for the Nautical where the Bay scallops and spinach on angel hair pasta awaits the taste buds. Wish you were here. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment