Sunday, April 3, 2011

Birds

Good Sunday morning. I know a few of the male acquaintances in my life are having a good chuckle over this picture. It reminds me of that old adage of 'enough is enough' and when 'she' wouldn't stop all that jabbering 'he' did. Now wouldn't it be interesting to hear what 'she' had to say when 'he' let go . . . you can put your money on the fact that 'she' told him a few chosen words about freedom of speech.
My friend Marge was out shopping at Fred Meyers market yesterday and looked up to see a seagull nesting in the top of one of the lights. She wasn't sure if it was making a safe nest for itself or if it was just stopping on the way to the Port. I'll have to check it out this morning when I go for my groceries for the week. Thank you for the picture Marge, you knew I could use a good shot to share.



I have a new book to read. My son John sent me a copy of "The Land of Painted Caves" by Jean Auel. It is the last in the series of "The Clan of the Cave Bear" series started many years ago. The author is known for all of the research she does before writing her stories and in the Forward, of this last of her series, she tells of her many trips to the actual caves. There are over seven hundred pages, so you know what I will be doing this week.




I now have the full set of the series, but am still looking for an original copy hard back copy of "The Clan of the Cave Bear" as the one I was able to find is a Book Club edition, and I would love to find a First Edition. . .and so would a hundred others. Oh well, at least I have a copy and the series is now complete. I am expecting a great read.




Our predicted huge spring storm did not arrive yesterday. We had a sunshine day, but we also had the big winds that blew in cold and stopped me from poking around the weeds in the yard. I have a project in mind and need to purchase some garden supplies in order to spruce up the border around the front of the house near the new porch. The new porch is so nice that it makes everything around it look 'in need'. What I need is a landscape artist and a full fledged gardener as I know I can't spring up and down like "I used to". I'll settle for good old Chon and hope he will come by this week and put my ideas to work. I wish he knew how to pour cement!!




My doesn't the weekends go by quickly. Here it is Sunday already and the hours will slip by like the birds filling up on all the seed I put out in the bird houses. The first to arrive was a blue bird who flew in from the back bushes where it must have nested, as it sat on the top of the fence before flying down to feast on the seeds. It took some seed in its beak then flew back to the bushes, not once but four times and soon another blue bird joined the first one and started the same routine. It wasn't long before the little budgies took over and when I last looked out the large glass doors, the feeders were empty. So today, I will buy some more bird feed and invite them all back so I can keep my camera handy and hopefully get some good pictures to share. Take a walk outside in your yard and see if the birds are 'out and about' ready to feast on your bounty. It wont be too long before we will be able to get out the bar-b-qu and complain about the heat of summer. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment