Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Late Night TV

Good morning. I am late getting up this morning. I had one of those nights in which my book kept me good company. I could have gone out to my easy chair and turned on the TV but that would have meant leaving the warmth of my bed. I do understand that the late comedians are spreading their humor each night but it is not often that I stay awake to listen to them. I had no idea I would receive an e-mail yesterday with a few of their late night musings or quotes. You know they are finally opening up about our politicians, but this time they took on the president. I am adding a few, in case you missed seeing or hearing them.

"Q. Have you heard about McDonald's new Obama Value Meal?
A. Order anything you like and the guy behind you has to pay for it. " --Conan O'Brien


" Q. What does Barack Obama call lunch with a convicted felon?"
A. A fund raiser. --Jay Leno


"Q. If NancyPelosi and Obama were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and it started to sink, who would be saved?"
A. America! --Jimmy Falion

"Q. What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A. It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road." -- David Letterman


"Q. What's the difference between Obama's cabinet and a penitentiary?
A. One is filled with tax evaders, blackmailers, and threats to society. The other is for housing prisoners. ---David Letterman



So today, know you should have stayed awake a little longer so you could keep up with what is going on in Washington. D. C. and as one of the old comedians used to say . . . "You aint seen nothing yet." This President has the blind fold on his eyes when it comes to spending every nickel he can get his hands on. He is out to make a billion dollars to run to hold the job he has not been able to handle. It takes experience, lots of it, and insight and we are desperately in need a strong leader to put America back on its feet. As one of the political analysts said recently, 'watch what he does, not what he says.' so pay attention and listen and look. It is hump day, mid way to a Easter celebration and I am trying to decide what I want to have for a desert . . . um . . . I'm thinking. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment