Monday, April 18, 2011

Dreamiing

A spring morning, calm and peaceful with blue skies and sunshine . . . I am dreaming of it, in hopes it will come to Oregon sometime soon . . . and it will eventually, but when is the big question. I really am not complaining about the rain, honest, I like having small ponds in my yard even if the seagulls ignore them. I am not sure why the seagulls are spending more time on the garage roof these days, but I have an idea that they are trying very hard to get away from the wind and the wild ocean waves, or have found the bird feed and are too lazy to fend for themselves. I tried to take a picture of ten of them on the roof next door, but it came out hazy and the birds didn't show up enough for you to be able to see them. Maybe they will come back when the sun shines.
We did it. We finally wore Emma out. She had three of us to demand attention from yesterday and she got a lot of it, enough to wear her out and send her off to dreamland. Emma is finally growing up but just a little bit. It seems she is in no hurry to have to mind her manners. She is a beauty and twice the size we thought she would be. She is smart and quick and can mind her manners when she wants to. The trouble is she never wants to. Pat tells me she is just a puppy and will settle down eventually . . . sounds good but I do have my doubts. All in all, she is a sweetheart and a very important member of the family even though her escapades would fill a good size book.




A really beautiful picture of fall colors which I couldn't resist showing this morning as we wait for the rain to stop and spring to finally get here. This one reminds me of visits to Rhode Island where I once lived. The trips down to Exeter where the country roads were filled with the color of the changing season. How beautiful it was and how often I have stared at pictures, just like this, to regain the feeling of nature in its coat of colors. In Nevada it was the golden Aspen trees and here in Oregon it is more green unless, of course, you want to mention the yellow gorse invading the highways. I think it is lovely in color but the damage it does belies that fact. All I feel when I look at this picture is a bit of nostalgia for some wonderful days of yore. Yeah, Rhode Island always kept a piece of my heart.



So today, the start of a new week, Holy week, a somber time of meditation, purple covered statues in the churches and not a soul visiting within. The candles are lit and brightened up the foyer and their light lifting up the good intentions for each of you. Take time to meditate and offer up a little prayer of hope for each and everyone of us. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment