Sunday, April 17, 2011

After The Tsunami






Good Afternoon. I had the Security Check come on this morning for hours so lost the original blog I had almost finished. I didn't know I could shrink the screen and continue on. I was under the impression once the program kicked in to check the innards of the computer I would be better off far away from it. It is suppose to kick in after midnight but I don't leave the computer on. so when I do turn the computer on, there it goes and it takes hours. So while this was going on I was invited out to brunch as my granddaughter was cooking up her lemon ricotta pancakes with fresh fruit and lots of hot coffee. To say it was delicious would be the understatement of the year. She is turning out to be an excellent cook and seems to love it. We did clean the plates and if there were flowers on them when we started, there sure were none when we got finished. The ladies had not one, but two Harry Potter movies to watch. The latest one is out and although I am not a Harry Potter fan, I did enjoy some of the movies. I get lost in the dark screens and the quick change of pace and characters, but, I can understand why the children flock to the movie theater to see them. They tell me the books are better but I haven't taken time to read them. So, to make a long story short, I am just getting in and finishing up my computer time for the day.






Meanwhile the e-mail I received yesterday had so many pictures of sea creatures found after the huge tsunami in South East Asia. Some have never been seen before. Some as ugly as sin and some you wouldn't eat if they paid you too. I love my fish dinners, but I am not sure I would even want to try any of these.




So it is a little late in the day to tell you to relax and enjoy our Sunday, but there is still enough time to plot and plan a nice dinner, in or out, your choice. We did get to the Nautilus last evening for the scallops and they were every bit as good as I told you they would be. If you come this way for a visit, we will have to go there so you can try them too. It only took until three p.m. for light to break through the gray clouds. I can't call it sunshine, but a brightness that was good to see. I haven't heard how many inches fell in the last three days but you can bet we are setting some kind of a record. Our newspaper came out with the fact that the city fathers dropped the ball and didn't respond to the committee for our annual Art Festival so they are not going to have it this year. It is one very big disappointment as people come from miles around to attend the festivities on the board walk and the artisans travel here as well to join the group that we have here who are very talented. So if you were planning on coming for the event, know it has been cancelled for this year. Meanwhile we have the city wide yard sale coming up the end of this month and that should be fun.




Sweet dreams when you get there. I am off to catch up on the news. Make your seconds count. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment