Thursday, April 14, 2011

Late

Usually you find that I am a very early riser and there was little or no difference today, but the computer guru hiding behind the scenes was playful and decided that I should just walk away and wait patiently for the 'air waves' to clear. I have no idea what was going on behind the scenes. When I left computer land last evening the powers that be were going to upload seventeen (17) new changes which I will never know as I have not the slightest idea how to check on what 'they' do until it shows up when I am trying to keep up with the familiar. So I shut off the computer and went and made my coffee, had an English muffin and put the frame together for a new jig saw puzzle that friend Marge brought over to keep me busy. She's making sure I do not get bored and caught up with some mundane housework. It looks like we are in for a cloudy day, maybe a little rain, but that will not deter our plans as Patricia and I will have a day away and catch up on some of the small chores waiting for our attention. I know we are heading for The Star of the Sea to light a few candles for all. We have a post office stop so Pauline can have some short novels to read by that author, you know the one ....what's her name? .... oh yeah, Jean M. Sullivan. Well if you haven't read 'her' don't knock 'her' as the feed back has been pretty good for an amateur self published writer. This year has not been a very good year for friends of the author. Jo Anne, a talented self publisher, had an operation that set her back for some time. Lucky for her the problem was caught and resolved so she can now get on with living. She told me last call that she is beginning to feel energy she thought had lost her for good. It is good news and we can all use good news. While Jo Anne is mending, Pat Stewart, the owner of the little Words and Picture Book Store has been given sad news and has to retire. She has a heart problem and it is time to give herself a vacation far away from running a very busy business. She is a sweet and wonderful lady, and, she had done a lot for the community. The artists will miss her as she opened her shop and made a gallery and it became one of the best stops for the Art Walk every second Saturday each month. My books that were on assignment have been returned and it makes me sad. Some sold, some did not, but they were out there and that created a sense of pride. So today, know that some of your closest acquaintances are having a problem or two and could use a pat on the back, a token card of your appreciation for their help along the way. It is pay back time, so get busy and think about those who really are friends, but in disguise. How lucky we are that we have come across such folks. Make your seconds count. If you are using a walker, get out there and walk around the block; if you are lucky enough to get out and garden, plant a few fresh vegetables and a flower or two. If you are out and about, stop in and surprise someone but if you decide to stop in and see me, just do not bring along one of those great big buttermilk donuts. I still have a week and a half until Easter. Meanwhile, after the chores I spoke about, we have a yard sale to prepare for. The big annual city sale is coming up and there is a lot to be done. If your nearby, come on over and we will put you to work and you can have first pick. Smile a lot today, it is really very good for you. Hugs to all. Your laugh for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment