Monday, February 28, 2011

February ends!

The last day of February and we have rain moving in so we should warm up a bit. This picture was taken of the back porch after our 'snow' storm, but as you can see it was hail stones and they are more slippery than snow. I didn't have to shovel or sweep as the sunshine did away with them quickly. The roof tops got more of the same so we here on the coast have been very lucky in not having the raging snow storms that everyone else in the country had to bare this winter. Each of us are yearning for the warmth of Spring and it is on its way.
The roses are still beautiful and light up my room. I say a little prayer for Jo for being so loving and generous. She had a fall on the ice a few weeks back and it didn't seem like much until a week or two passed and something snapped. She wound up with a problem that is going to be slow going away. She has been on crutches and has high hope of a slow recovery but no operation. Our knees are so much more that we give them credit for so walk out carefully so you do not fall on them and be laid up for a time. I am so proud of her for taking this misfortune so well. She has managed to hobble around and keep herself busy as well as getting a little help from a friend. When I spoke with her yesterday she said she was reading all of my novels from the first to the last. Oh my, she must be desperate being bored and housebound, but isn't it wonderful to know she is reading the best author in town.....smile....I can pat myself on the back . So thank you Jo, now you can critiques and know there are more tales being told.


A cold morning and the sun is trying to come up through a stormy cloud cover. This was taken a week ago when the big storms were moving in and I opened the blinds to this beautiful view. Even stormy skies can be beautiful.
So today, no matter what the weather, get up and get going. Your new week is about to start, the ending of the month of February with its cold stormy weather. Next comes March with what we hope holds a few surprises . The ninth of March is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent, forty days to give up some one thing you love until the Easter 'Son' arrives in all His glory... talk about sunshine and warmth . . . be strong, be brave, give up some one thing, but not 'me', I am just not sweet enough.
Here it is finished. The first of eight puzzles given to me as a gift at Christmas. This one was tough, only seven hundred pieces and it took the better part of a week to do. I had help, Pat found some of the illusive tree pieces which stayed hidden from my view. The bridge was a doozy, harder to put together than I thought it would be. All in all I had a great time finding the pieces and organizing them; half the fun is pushing the pieces around until you get them color coordinated and when you put in four or five almost at the same time the feeling of accomplishment is there. It really is a patience game. I say no more for awhile but Pat told me this morning she gives me two days as the rains are coming in all week. She may be right. I'll let you know.
Make your Monday a good start of your week. Be happy Colin Firth won the oscar and the picture "The Kings Speech" won best picture as they deserved recognition. I wish Geoffry Rush had been nominated as he was excellent and one of my favorite actors. Just plan on seeing the picture you will not be sorry. Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment