Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Towels Anyone?

Poor baby! I'll never complain about my wrinkles again.

I can see where this little guy could be taken for a used towel thrown on the floor.

Just a pile of rags, with a Santa face, see the eyes, the nose and the moustache.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as the old adage goes, and we all know beauty is only skin deep, but this poor little guy doesn't stand a chance of taking first place in a dog show but I am betting its owner thinks it is the most beautiful dog in the world.
Yesterday, La Verne came in to say hello and brought her dog, Skylar, with her. I don't know the breed but it was a costly five hundred dollar specialty and the owner went through about four dogs in one year trying to find the one she wanted to live with. Several were given away and two huge 'mad' dogs were given up to the local pound. I'd say she shouldn't have a dog, but then it is none of my business. Meanwhile La Verne takes very good care of her black and white hairy dog with the sad eyes and slow wit. She hears the command but seems to have to chew on it for a little while before obeying. I guess being an expensive dog doesn't make it smarter. La Verne seems bent on making me a dog lover but it isn't going to work. She has two dogs over at her little house and complains of the hard work to keep the house clean of dog hair. Me, I like animals but prefer them outside in the fresh air. We had dogs over the years and they were well taken care of but they were taught to love the outdoors. Keeping them cooped up in the house was not my idea of keeping them healthy and happy. When inside they were taught to mind their manners and didn't sleep in my bed or eat from my table. They were allowed to be dogs. So I have a reputation of not being a dog lover and it really has nothing to do with love but with training; the love come naturally and easily as they are such wonderful creatures. Besides, I actually prefer children and believe me they can be a lot harder to 'train' than dogs and cats, white mice or hamsters.
So today, if you have a pet, be extra kind and loving. Train it well so it is a joy to have around and not a pest. Give it the love it deserves and remember it is a warm blooded loving animal and does best without 'people' rights. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment