Friday, February 18, 2011

Designs

The dictionary says that "design" l. to conceive in the mind:invent:'designed his dream vacation.' 2. To form a plan for: 'designed a marketing strategy for the new product.' 3. To have as a goal or a purpose: intend. 4.To plan by making a preliminary sketch,outline, or drawing.A decorative or artistic work a reasoned purpose . How is that for finding the word for this beautiful picture this morning. I was thinking about what to write about this morning and the picture brought to mind about any holiday you could think of, all it needed was the right words, but design came to mind as I thought of some e mails I received yesterday and words like persistence, insistence and purpose came to mind. There is a computer world that grows like the tentacles of a octopus and each day there are updates or new programs to charm a person into thinking they have to keep up with the 'Jones'; well, a lot of folks feel they have to and then then there are some who wonder about the intrusion into privacy, not every one is out there, some are content to being non intrusive . . . it takes all kinds to make our world.
Now don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, but trying to do a bit of explaining that I, for one, do not want to have all the new gadgets and programs on my computer. It works fine for the work I want to do on it and I am content to have the ability to keep in touch with those I care about. I have to perfect the programs I have and it is not an easy task. I want to become more proficient with the photographs and learn how to crop them or to make them stand out so the beauty of the scene or the person is at its best. I am also a bit of a coward in trying new and different things and know with time I could master anything if I wanted to, but the crux of the entire conversation is that I really do not want to stretch the brain any further than I have as it has become a delicate piece of equipment that could short out at any time. Well, that's what happens to octogenarians . . . they wear out!
I admire all of you who have the mindset to try all the new programs and enjoy them but know there are some of us who are from the OLD school and one to one verbal conversation is still our number one priority. To hear the spoken word is a boon. To see the action of the words spoken and hear the sweetness of the dialog is special. To sit in a room with folks all into their own little world of computers or other new gadgets and not hear the sound of voices is sad. It can also be rude as they continue with texting while the 'person' waits for a moment of their attention. Progress is good in some ways, but leaving all of the old ways is not the best of our world, according to me . . . but who listens to me as I scream for help when the screen freezes up and stomp both feet when the ads 'dance' on the screen and I can't continue to write.
Anyway, to make a long story short, be patient with me when I don't want the latest gadgets or new programs. It takes my seconds away and I have plans for them already. So today, when you are finishing up your week and the weekend is waiting for you to relax and enjoy your time off, try using some of your seconds in solitude and rest your eyes and your mind. Design a plan of rest and relaxation just for you. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment