Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Break

Here it is Sunday morning mid way in the month of February. According to the write up in our newspaper yesterday, our four weeks of early summer is leaving and our winter weather is returning. It was cold here yesterday as the sun decided to change its pattern and leave us with our winter gray. We certainly cannot complain as the entire USA has had a winter to write home about. Maybe the pattern is changing for all of you and spring is coming your way, I hope so. Meanwhile we will relax as we are used to this weather as it brings needed rain to our area. The article in the newspaper talked about a draught so nature has a way of bringing up to our senses in a hurry. We cannot rush the seasons. We cannot have it 'our' way and as any old timer would tell you, there is no way you can do anything about weather . . . well, we can take it as it comes and enjoy it for whatever it is. Tomorrow John and I are going for a ride up 101 to Coos Bay where he will drop me off at The Mill, complete with gaming machines, hot tub, swimming pool and a lovely restaurant where I will sit by the window on the bay side and watch the boats as they go by. Pat will join me later on Monday and we will visit some of our favorite haunts and walk the mall. For all of you who live with a mall close by and big stores to visit, it probably sounds like we are a bit loony to get excited about walking a mall, but here in our town there are not malls . . . well they tried to build one a few years ago and it remains empty but it is so small you couldn't really call it a mall. We did have hope though. Anyway, walking a mall is good exercise but visiting the shops is fun. Who would think one would get so excited about visiting J.C. Penny, Macy, and a few small shops. Then there are the book stores and the antique shops and the thrift stores. We know where they all are . . . ah . . . the big town. So for the next couple of days I will be out and about and will give you a much needed break from the 'musings' of Jean . . .

I learned a few new things yesterday. I didn't realize I could Google me and find me out there. It is amazing how little I know about this computerized world and how really 'out there' I am. My love of writing leads the way and I found that someone has my first little novel on there for sale for $16.95 . . . wow, it was for sale for $12.95 when Publish America published it back in 2005 and I think I was the only one that ordered some for friends and family. Well, I hope the seller has a banner day. "The Blakely Field Stories" was my very first published novel by a vanity press and there is not enough time or space to go into what a vanity press really is. The short tales were about how it was when I was a small child written for my granddaughter and it was such fun to do. It wasn't done well, believe me, but it was done with a lot of love. The second was "The Dauntless One" and then, I have gone on with self publishing and I think I now am on number fourteen as I have continued to write and my small fan club has been the bane of my existence and a harbinger of pride in the tales I tell. There is a little truth in each, a lot of imagination, a lot of uncaught errors for they are far from perfect but good stories about nice people. All I need is an editor, an agent, and a best seller, as I strive to be the Grandma Moses of Literature.



Make your day a good one. It is Sunday, all day, I'll lighting a candle for a quick recovery for my friend who had a fall, and one that had a visit from a 'bug' that didn't want to leave. I am wishing you all a day to remember. Hugs to all.








No comments:

Post a Comment