Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pathways

The first time I saw a double rainbow, I did a double take, as I had never seen one before. I love to see the clouds spread across the sky with their varied shades of gray, some dark and some the color of pewter but all arranged in a pattern to bring about these beauties in our skies. I still have hopes of finding the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow but so far it has been a illusive journey. What would I do with it? Um . . . I do have a lot of ideas.
You can hear the silence in this picture, not even a tiny fish is making bubbles. The air clear and crisp and the walk around the lake peaceful. You could stop at the exercise places and follow instructions on how to stretch those muscles and the company of a grandson and his mom filled your world with love and acceptance. A memory picture that brings smiles as well as tears. Life is so short for some and much too long for others, so let us all join in taking one day as it comes and making it the best we can.

Not the same park, but again, a memory picture. There is a lake in R.I. where a small cottage held two of the most compassionate folks you could ever meet. They were community oriented and their three small lots were filled with every flower, fruit and vegetable you could grow. Old bicycle baskets were hung on the trees and filled with the suet and seed the birds loved. They came and sang their song for the couple who cared so much that they had a special place to live. I am smiling as I have written about this lake in my novels more than once. A lot of good times were spent at the lake and the memories linger. I didn't want them to go by the wayside so wrote about the people and the places which have been a part of my life. If Hobo and Minnie Mouse, as my children called their surrogate grandparents, were alive they would be so proud and pleased to be a part of my stories. Just thinking about them brings a myriad of memories which could be a part of another tale.
So today, think about the folks that are or were a part of your world. You may not want to write a story about them, but you may want to jot of a note or send a special card, if you are lucky enough to have them in your lives, and let them know just how special they are. Speaking of special, YOU are. Make today, the first day of your weekend, a good memory day. Visit a few of the old haunts that make you smile. Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment