Sunday, February 27, 2011

More of the Same

We could have a wonderful debate about Unions and how the politicians depend on them for huge donations to their coffers to run for office. As far as I can tell Unions are the people, the public workers in all of the businesses. The Union was formed in its infancy because the 'company' owners thought more about their own profits than the salary of their employees with families to feed and clothe. There was an imbalance in the 'honest days pay for an honest days work' and something needed to be done . . . Unions came into being. It was to bring justice to the work force, but as we all know, everything does not stay the same, but changes and the demands became greater as the Unions became stronger. Like spoiled children the wants overtook the needs and a monster was born . . . and politics enters the scene . . . where oh where is common sense?

Every time I go to use the ATM the sun is shining on the little window pane and I can't see. I hold my jacket up so I can. This picture sure is funny. I can identify with it, can you?

This was another of those angle shots. This one is pretty clever. For a minute I wasn't sure what I was looking at.
And it seems as though Sunday morning is going to be bright as the sky is a pale blue and the trees are still. It is cold out there but clear so hopefully it is going to be a 'nice' day. I am going to cook a boiled dinner today as Pat found a piece of corn beef that looks like it should be tender and tasty. One of our favorite meals. We will be eating off of the kitchen counter as the dining room table has a puzzle on it. It is coming along slowly but surely and has about a hundred pieces or so to get to the finished product. I didn't work on it very much yesterday as I took time out to go to the theater and see "The Kings Speech"; if you haven't seen it, treat yourself to a great movie. I can understand why it is up for nominations and expect it to be a winner. It is the first time in a long time that I heard the audience clap when a movie ended. It is one of those movies that becomes a favorite rainy day movie or, like "Amadeus" or "A Man For All Seasons", or "Sabrina" . . . they make a rainy day come alive as you enter a world of another time and place with people you enjoy.
So today, if you can make it to the theater to see this wonderful movie, it is well worth your time. If not, I hope you will fill your day with the things you love to do . . . it is, after all, Sunday, A God day, a day to give the brain a rest and the body a walk out. Go . . . have fun. Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment