Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Look and See

High up in the Saguaro cactus, some forty feet in the air, sits a golden cat with amber eyes feeling its oats.  I wonder what chased it up there.    I don't think it makes a habit of scaling a cactus.  Just think how agile and how scared it must have been to 'reach for the stars'.
This picture reminded me of my expression when I go into a big city and have to be in heavy traffic moving bumper to bumper at high speed.   My granddaughter Erin will get a big kick out of this one.   I actually took her to task for driving fast in the rain.   Yeah!   I am getting OLD.




A close up of the bob cat on a perch that cannot be to comfortable.    Those pickers must be on the top as well as the sides of the cactus.    Well, this tough old cat doesn't seem to mind.  I'd like to see what chased it up there.   At least it is getting a tan.  Wonder if they have to call the fire men to get it down?  




So today, hump day, hopefully a sunshine day.   Daughter Christine has arrived and brought some lovely birthday presents.   I now have some beautiful tiles made by one of the artists at the Port Orchard Gallery.    They were made from the original work done in several different styles, one in water color, charcoal and oils.    The four smaller ones are almost to beautiful to put a glass on.   I may just make a wall collage out of all of them, but on second thought they are made to be used so use them I will.    I may even let you put your glass on one.

Don't let time get by you.  Use it well and make your seconds count.     I am off to make some blueberry pancakes for my two daughters this morning.    I haven't had the two of them together in a very long time.  Have I told you how beautiful they are, inside and out, well have you got an hour or two to listen?    I hope your having a breakfast that will make you healthy and happy this morning, go . . . enjoy your day.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment