Saturday, June 4, 2011

Time You Cannot Get Back

Good morning.    It is Saturday, all day, and it looks like a big black cloud is passing over and hopefully it will keep going and there will be some warmth and sunshine today.  We certainly can use a little summer weather.    The butterflies are out and that is a good sign.    My garden is growing wilder and bushier and looks like someone planted some lovely plants and knew what they were doing.  Too bad, I can't take credit for most of it as it was here when we moved in.   I have added a few odds and ends and they are growing so I can pat myself on the back for keeping them alive.   Not having green thumbs is far from a blessing.    Meanwhile I do pray over them a lot and that seems to be working.



Hug you always get back and that is one of life's blessings.    This week has been a hard one as my daughter Patricia had to go into the hospital for some private personal 'we don't talk about' surgery.   I am ready to shout to the world as I don't like the idea of anyone hovering over my children but me, and I find that as the role reversal comes about this changes.    The hovering of motherhood is no longer needed, or so 'they' say,but I am willing to bet that the attention given during recuperation will be welcomed with open arms.   The news is good and Pat is doing fine.  When her sister Christine called me last evening to report in, her first words were that Patricia was 'crabby' . . . good news as Patricia has a perchance for crabbiness when it suits her.    She is not happy having to stay an extra night, but then she will appreciate it more once she stands up and finds out she is not Katrina the Great this morning.  The funny thing is that they have her housed near the pediatric area and Christine teased her sister about the 'real' reason she was in there as a cart filled with new babies went by to join the new moms.     Pat didn't think it was that funny, but then, as I said, she is being crabby and right now she can be. . . it's okay . . . she will get over it as soon as they give her permission to go out the hospital door.


Another picture of the butterfly in Judy's garden in Colorado.  They are having warmer weather there.   I am fascinated by the size and designer patterns, such symmetry.  It looks almost painted . . . how surprising nature is as it unfolds such beauty.

So today, you have 'time' so use it wisely because once it is gone you can never get it back.   Some time we don't want back, others we would love to do all over again.   Some we throw away and some we hug close . . . make your seconds count today by filling your time with love and laughter.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment