Thursday, June 2, 2011

You Judge

I wish I had known that it was sand casting time at Cannon Beach, Oregon as I would have tried very hard to go up there to see the absolutely wonderful work done by the sand artists.    They have six hours to do their project, starting with low tide and getting a masterpiece finished before the tide rolls back in and demolishes it.   
The details are amazing and so life like.    Such talent.




This one must have taken all of the six hours.  I would be heart broken to make such a masterpiece and then watch it being demolished by the sea. There were many more entries, and each one was an amazing feat of beauty and wonder.    I would love to have walked the beach and inspected each entry.   You can bet my camera would have gotten a good workout.    


 So today, the second day of your new month, relax and enjoy June for it is the beginning of summer and it is going to be very interesting to see what our weather is going to do.   There was a tornado in Springfield, Massachusetts yesterday, something that does not happen very often.   I guess we have to get our three day pack ready whether we want to or not, as the weather seems to have a mind of its own this year.    My two daughters and I went to the Nautical Inn for our scallops last evening and sat at a table facing the ocean as the sun was going down.  It had been raining slightly on the window panes so as we were looking through the window pane it made the clouds look like they were dripping.  They had irregular shapes and an iridescence about them that would have made an artist stand up and sketch.    It isn't often I get to enjoy both of my girls together and it was fun.  They have a camaraderie that was good to see and laughter came easy.    My world seemed a lot brighter.   The seconds fly by so do not miss a chance to share time with those you love.    Just remember 'life is not a rehersal' so make good use of today.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment