Friday, June 3, 2011

TGIF June 3rd

Good morning.  An old picture taken in Bandon, Oregon a few weeks ago.   Yeah, I am back talking about 'the change' which has screwed up the picture process but I will not waste our visit going back into that.

I had some pictures that came in on an attachment yesterday.  It showed different animals hung up on some one thing that imprisoned them.   It was a wonder as to how they got themselves in such dire straights as the cows wandered around with buckets on their head or caught in the fork of a tree.    They must be curious and wander around looking for something new and different.   Guess they are not much different than we are in that respect.   One old sow caught in a mud puddle didn't seem at all unhappy, just glad I didn't have to clean up after any of them.   

It is cold in the house this morning so it has to be down to forty overnight.   We are having our spring weather and are waiting to see if we actually do get at least one week of summer which starts in another week or two.    Yesterday there was a huge rainbow that ran across the sky right over my neighbors house.   I took a picture of it but haven't uploaded it into  'my pictures' yet .  Hopefully I will be able to pull pictures up again.   The sky has been filled with unbelievable clouds of every size, shape and color.   An artist would have a 'field' day.      I saw that my neighbor, Mary, was outside puttering around her yard so went over to say hello and ask about the 'for sale' sign now on her front lawn.    Mary and her husband Joseph have only been in the neighborhood about two years now.    Nice folks and I am going to be sorry when they leave us.  It seems Jo is having problems physically and when they were in Nevada he felt so much better they have decided to move up in the high desert country.   Where?   Carson City . . . my old stomping grounds.    It was fun to tell her of some of the places and describe some of the beauty of Nevada.   The housing market up there is dirt cheap right now as Nevada was hit badly by the decline in the housing market.   I almost had myself talked into moving back there . . . well now that I know it is still snowing up there, I have second thoughts.   I talked with my friend Helen yesterday and she and her sister are planning another trip up to Reno in September.   I would love to join them and revisit my old haunts but getting there is always the hardest part since they tripled the air fare from here to there.   


If you find yourself in a mood to read, don't be afraid to read "Eminence" by Morris West.  An interesting and a good read.     The book sale here over the holiday weekend was a huge success and this year they let the remaining books stay out on the tables for an extra few days so you could go and buy a bag full for two dollars.   I now have ten new novels to read, hopefully on the back porch in sunshine, but rainy day reading curled up on the couch is a blessing also.  I found a few of my favorite authors but then the fly leaf on some  others I am not familiar with were enticing enough to bring home with me too.    Daughter Christine brought down one of her old bookcases and it is a beauty.  I spent yesterday moving some books around and today I have to revamp my old bookcase and make it neater.   I have heard that flowers brighten a room, but books make it cozy and comfortable.  


So today, if your weather is beautiful, and you go about winding  down for the weekend, take time out to read awhile.   You may even have one of the newer gadgets that has a new best seller on it.   Daughter Christine has a gadget that does so many things that it is hard to believe it contains the information it does.  She can find her way in a strange area, or use her gadget as a camera, or a telephone, or even a computer.  She can get e mail, text messages and a host of other things all at the touch of a screen.  It is amazing what is happening in our world of communication.    I cannot imagine what will be next for those of you just starting out or for those of you who are mid way . . . an amazing world is opening up.    Just remember to use your seconds wisely.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment